Do you know what’s keeping your clients up at night? For a lot of them, it is this question, what happens to their hard-earned wealth when they pass away?
In other words, it’s the absence of an estate plan.
In this episode, Duncan MacPherson speaks with Julia Norman, associate lawyer at Pushor Mitchell LLP, and Tom Deans, Ph.D., intergenerational wealth expert, speaker, and best-selling author of “Every Family’s Business” and “Willing Wisdom.” Julia and Tom explain how advisors can re-imagine estate planning for their clients to ensure a stress-free wealth transfer that minimizes future family conflicts.
Julia and Tom discuss:
- The main reasons why your clients might be delaying estate planning
- How to make estate planning highly process-driven and collaborative
- How family estate planning meetings can help retain your clients for multiple generations
- Why advisors should create their wills first before helping clients
- And more
- “Every Family’s Business” by Tom Deans, Ph.D.
- “Willing Wisdom” by Tom Deans, Ph.D.
- “Marketing to the Affluent” by Thomas Stanley
- “The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy” by Thomas Stanley and William Danko
- Episode 6: “How to Attract Business Owners With Tom Deans, Ph.D.”
- Episode 18: “Dynastic Drivers in Estate Planning with Julia Norman”
Connect With Duncan:
- Pareto Systems
- Schedule a Call
- Duncan on LinkedIn
Connect With Julia:
Connect With Tom:
- The Blue Square Toolkit™ by Pareto (Start your 14-day free trial today!)
- ProudMouth – Be Your Own Loud
About Our Guests:
Julia Norman is an associate lawyer with Pushor Mitchell practicing in the areas of civil litigation, family law, estate planning and estate administration. Prior to going to law school, Julia rode for the Canadian Equestrian Team in the sport of three-day eventing, training and competing throughout North America. Outside of the office Julia can be found spending time with her family, riding her horse, water skiing, or enjoying one of the many activities that the Okanagan has to offer.
Tom Deans, Ph.D.’s research and thought leadership on the subjects of wealth transfers, preparing heirs and family dynamics has made him an in-demand speaker and webinar presenter. Since the release of his first book in 2008, Tom has delivered more than 1000 paid speeches in 25 countries. He has also provided advanced training to advisors employed by the world’s largest financial institutions, law firms and accounting firms. Dr. Deans is also the Founder of the Willing Wisdom Index™ a new digital client engagement tool for advisors to share with prospects and clients.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed