Your business is your biggest asset — it’s your life’s work! If you want to maximize its enterprise value, you need to take action well before the time of selling it.
If you’re a buyer looking to take over a business, there are certain efforts you can take to improve your company’s growth.
In this episode, Duncan MacPherson joins Ted Motheral, chair of Walter | Haverfield’s Business Services group, to help buyers and sellers prepare for an efficient business transfer. They also explore ways to take impeccable care of your clients and employees during the process.
- Key value drivers for a financial advisory business
- A checklist to keep in mind before buying or selling a business
- The importance of taking a goal-based approach toward your big liquidity event
- The role of private equity in the current M&A landscape
- How to organize your corporate structure and protect your intellectual property before selling your business
- And more
Connect With Duncan:
Connect With Ted:
- Walter | Haverfield
- LinkedIn: Ted Motheral
- LinkedIn: Walter | Haverfield
- Twitter: Walter | Haverfield
- Facebook: Walter | Haverfield
- The Blue Square Toolkit™ by Pareto (Start your 14-day free trial today!)
- ProudMouth – Be Your Own Loud
About Our Guest:
Ted Motheral is Chair of Walter | Haverfield’s Business Services group, which includes more than two dozen business and transactional lawyers. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, as well as private debt and equity financing. Ted has experience in leading transactions for multi-million dollar acquisitions and has represented borrowers and lenders in multi-million dollar debt offerings. He is also experienced in advising clients on general corporate matters, entity formation and governance, joint ventures, divestments, and reporting requirements and regulations. Additionally, Ted has experience forming loan documentation programs for public entities in the State of Ohio. Ted joined Walter | Haverfield as a partner in 2016. Prior to joining Walter | Haverfield, he practiced law at Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aranoff. He was formerly a financial consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in New York City and also worked in the general counsel office of KLA-Tencor Corporation in Silicon Valley, California.