Sometimes, the best way to grow upmarket is to “grow down” or right-size your business.
This can require advisors to adopt changes that seem counterintuitive at first — such as disassociating from certain clients.
In this episode, Duncan MacPherson talks to Terry Gronbeck-Jones, co-founder of Mindset Consulting and a business development consultant at Pareto Systems. They highlight the benefits of right-sizing and explain how to approach it effectively.
- Major barriers to right-sizing (and how to overcome them)
- How to communicate your decision to disassociate with clients such that it enhances your brand
- How to position your network of COIs in front of clients
- Hidden opportunities in questions such as “What do you do for a living?” or “Do you have a minimum?”
- And more
Connect With Duncan:
Connect With Terry:
- The Blue Square Toolkit™ by Pareto (Start your 14-day free trial today!)
- ProudMouth – Be Your Own Loud
About Our Guest:
Terry Gronbeck-Jones has been a consultant and business coach for the financial services industry since the late 1990s, the majority of those years spent at Pareto Systems. Terry also does consulting through Mindset Consulting, a company that he co-founded in 2014.
Terry’s primary role is working with financial advisory teams across North America with an emphasis on helping them implement marketing and business development best practices. He has worked on a multitude of corporate projects, consulting with companies such as Wells Fargo, Raymond James, and Creative Marketing, to name just a few.
Terry is the co-author of The North Wind and the Sun, a book that tells a series of true stories about the importance of relationships in business.