Every business owner will leave their business one day, voluntarily or involuntarily. It’s a matter of WHEN, not IF.
So, it’s important to start planning for this inflection point well ahead of time — both technically and emotionally.
In this episode, Duncan MacPherson speaks with Denise Logan, business transition expert, professional speaker, and best-selling author of The Seller’s Journey. Denise explains how you can help clients overcome the emotional barriers to selling a business while simultaneously preparing for your own exit.
- Why creating your own exit strategy is the first step to assisting clients in their exit
- How to remain your client’s first-choice advisor when the time comes for the big liquidity event
- How to prepare your team for the transition to a new owner
- Legacy dinners, fireside chats, and other fun activities to connect with your clients
- And more
- “The Seller’s Journey: A Business Fable about Navigating the Emotional Obstacles to Selling Your Business” by Denise Logan
- Is Dying at Your Desk Noble or Tragic?
- The Legacy Dinner
- Fireside Chat
- “Marketing to the Affluent” by Thomas Stanley
- “The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy” by Thomas Stanley and William Danko
- “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill
Connect With Duncan:
- Pareto Systems
- Schedule a Call
- Duncan on LinkedIn
Connect With Denise:
- (586) 770-3329
- Website – DeniseLogan.com
- LinkedIn: Denise Logan
- Twitter: Denise Logan
- The Blue Square Toolkit™ by Pareto (Start your 14-day free trial today!)
- ProudMouth – Be Your Own Loud
About Our Guest:
Denise Logan knows that to business owners, selling a business is more than a transaction. To them, it is an emotionally fraught period of transition, filled with unexpected highs and lows, with no clear vision of what waits at the end for them and their family. Her passion for this work is colored by her own experience of being an unprepared business owner who made an abrupt and choppy exit from her company, after ignoring the signs that it was time for several years.
She is the author of The Seller’s Journey: A Business Fable about Navigating the Emotional Obstacles to Selling Your Business, and has addressed more than five hundred audiences on three continents about the psychology of business owners and how to make it easier when the time comes to let go.
Denise provides advanced training to advisors employed by some of the world’s largest financial institutions, law firms and accounting firms, helping their clients successfully transition their businesses to new owners and, most importantly, without regret.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed